wget-dev

Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | GSoC'18: Support DNS over HTTPS - Discussions (#3

From: Aniketh Girish
Subject: Re: [Wget-dev] wget2 | GSoC'18: Support DNS over HTTPS - Discussions (#378)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:28:19 +0000

@rockdaboot Thanks for the help!

But I am confused. which function to use to send the DNS query? I mean,
currently the result after creating a DNS query is being placed in a buffer.
How could I make use of it and send it through as a HTTP GET request?

According to the DoH standards, the DNS single query should be encoded and sent
through the HTTP connection. Does the get() function call does that for us? Or
should I write a separate function that does the encode and decode?

https://gitlab.com/gnuwget/wget2/issues/378#note_87314528