womeninfreesoftware

Re: [Womeninfreesoftware] Logo idea: GNU in Drag

From: Mary-Anne Wolf
Subject: Re: [Womeninfreesoftware] Logo idea: GNU in Drag
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 19:26:15 +0000 (UTC)

You're right, K.  Most of us don't dress
over-the-top feminine.  I certainly don't.
I guess I meant this humorously.

I have also found that suggesting an idea
is a good way to get other people to
suggest better ideas.  It worked.
You did.

No, you did not jump into the middle
of something.  I did.  :-)
I suggested the logo even though
I could not be at the summit.

I like the pictures you suggested.
They are certainly more dignified
than the GNU in drag.

I like your second picture the best,
although I have been trying to think
of how one could do something like that
which communicates multiple women instead
of one woman alone.  Your first image
communicates 2 women, but has a loss of
sense of individual self which does not
work well for me.