|From:||Vivek Varghese Cherian|
|Subject:||[Www-ml-gnu-malayalam-project-public] Indic Mashup for Fonts & encodings, etc.|
|Date:||Fri, 11 Jan 2008 19:15:45 +0530|
Reply-To: Indian Linux group , <indlinux-gr
To: Indian Linux group , <indlinux-gr ...@lists.sourceforge.net>
this has been going for a while...if we should have a small meetup
to thrash out some issues which have come
- changes (new code points) in Unicode for Indic
- different rendering behaviour sought out for some new characters or fonts.
- Updating fonts to confirm to new unicode (ofcourse need to keep
backward compatibility - with apps that may not use new standard.. so
old version of fonts used)
- updating keymaps, input etc. to accomodate new characters..
- fix for once for all the sorting issue which has been long pending
.. take this on per language basis with 1-2 person looking into each
language and come up with the proper & acceptable sort order &
implement the same in glibc locale (& CLDR data).
- also to go further on the areas identified in Indic BoF at FOSS.IN (
maybe during some upcoming events (gnunify 8-9 Feb,
Feb) such gathering could happen working on specific tasks identified
from areas above.. or if it so deems fit have a separate gathering
with only the interested people joining.
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|