xbindkeys-devel

[Xbindkeys-devel] Re: [xbindkeys] Crash. Some questions and probably fix

From: Philippe Brochard
Subject: [Xbindkeys-devel] Re: [xbindkeys] Crash. Some questions and probably fix
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 23:33:47 +0100

Anatoly Bashmakov writes:

> Philippe Brochard wrote:
>> Yes, can you please test xbindkeys with electric fence or valgrind. I
>> suspect a memory problem somewhere.
>> Feel free to ask if you need some help with those tools.
>>

> Actually, I haven't got any experience with these tools at all. I
> attached output of
>
> valgrind -v --log-file=xbindkeys_valgrind.log --tool=memcheck
> --leak-check=yes ./xbindkeys -n
>
> If I need to build any libraries with debugging symbols, please let me
> know.

Many thanks!

Please, more things to test:

1) try valgrind with those options:

      --track-origins=yes --leak-check=full --show-reachable=yes

2) Test with electric fence (maybe more simple to use)

3) try to compile xbindkeys without the guile support. I have the same
   guile version but it's maybe a cause of problems.

> Thank you.

Many thanks for your report!

Philippe