[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: xboard/winboard maintenance

From: Tim Mann
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Re: xboard/winboard maintenance
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 18:44:46 -0700

Our main problem right now is one contributor who expressed his
willingness to put his code in the public domain a few years ago, and
started the FSF paperwork, but could not get his employer to sign the
disclaimer.  Things stalled there.  Arun is trying to get them restarted.

I don't have any objection to switching to GPLv3.  What's GPLv3+?  If
that means "v3 or any later version", that's fine with me too.  IIRC
the existing code has the standard wording allowing "v2 or any later
version".  Someone would just have to do the edits.

On Fri, 22 May 2009 16:18:12 -0500, address@hidden (Karl Berry) wrote:
> Thanks for the updates.  That's good news.
>     will do... At the moment I'm not sure if I should/can use Savannah for
>     code where we don't have the copyright transfer signed yet.
> Using savannah is independent of having copyright papers signed, so I'd
> say go ahead with that.   Better to have them checked in there than not.
> Technically contributions shouldn't be used before papers are signed (or
> having multiple copyright holders is accepted), but I know it's almost
> impossible to hold to that.
> There is no problem with having multiple administrators of the savannah
> project.  That is independent of who is the "official" GNU maintainer.
> Are there any problems with switching to GPLv3+ and GFDLv1.3+ for the
> next release, whenever it comes about?  Could that change be made in the
> trunk code now, if not already?
> Thanks again,
> Karl

Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://tim-mann.org/

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]