xboard-devel

[XBoard-devel] Polyglot 2.0

From: h.g. muller
Subject: [XBoard-devel] Polyglot 2.0
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 21:14:40 +0200

I prepared a Polygot version that behaves exactly as I want it,
optimalized for WinBoard 4.4.0. Basically it is Michel's 1.4.38b
version, with two additions: I suppress the sending of option
features for all options that I consider damaging or undesirable
for a WinBoard engine (and re-ordered the remaining options
so they pack more compactly in the Engine-Settings dialog).
And I export the name of the IniFile, and provided an option
that makes Polyglot save the current settings on this file.
I named this version Polyglot 2.0.38b, and want to distribute
it with the WinBoard 4.4.0 installer.

The question is how we should distribute it for XBoard. And
as Polyglot is GPL'd, we would have to provide source as well.
Can we put a source tar ball of it on the GNU XBoard homepage?