xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] release of 4.4.0

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] release of 4.4.0
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 21:04:16 +0200

HGM will build the windows installer today and upload to his webpage. I'll send out announcments to various lists once we have the windows installer up and also update the webpage, etc. This should happend either later today or tomorrow.

I downloaded the tagged tar ball, compiled it, and placed the winboard.exe and winoard.hlp in my installer tree. I then ran the installer script, which I had changed to build WinBoard-4.0.0.exe (dropping the beta2).

I did a test install on my XP, of the complete package, and all menu items seem to be functional.
Also the one for PSWBTM, which I had forgotten in an erlier version.
PSWBTM starts is life with Fairy-Max and Fruit 2.1 installed in its engine manager.
(I did not pre-install any variant or Xiangqi engines.)

Michel came with a new Polyglot this morning (1.4.46b). I decided to put both Polyglots (the other being 1.4.38x) in the package, and provide an example for how to use each of them. This will speed up development of a consensus amongst users which method of managing the polyglot.ini files the prefer. Polyglot is comparatively small, so this is no big deal.

The installer is now on my website (2.8MB): http://home.hccnet.nl/h.g.muller/WinBoard-4.4.0.exe . I will invite Olivier Deville to also snatch it from there, and upload it to WinBoard forum I already prepared a hosting page there: http://www.open-aurec.com/wbforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50387 .