xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] Xboard GTK on Windows

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Xboard GTK on Windows
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 08:59:54 +0200

not sure what the best solution to this problem is... since we have
different versions of gettext we will, I guess, always get these
problems...

Well, if gettext is an intrinsicaly troublesome package, I think that we
definitely should distribute with --disable-nls as default. A situation
where the average user can no longer install XBoard by the usual
./configure, make, sudo make install mantra is to be considered
disastrous. Not many users will be interested in languages, and
for none of our current users not getting any languages would be
a breaking point.