xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] next release

From: Arun Persaud
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] next release
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:07:25 -0700

Hi

> 1) Most people won't be able to compile XBoard, because of the
> gettext 0.17 vs 0.18 problem. I really consider that a disastrous
> situation. Either we should switch off NLS by default, so that at
> least the English users will be able to compile, or we should
> somehow fix the configure process such that it can solve this.

fixed this in master and 4.6.x

> 2) Lack of a method to generate html docs (.chm files) for WinBoard.
> The html docs are not updated at all since 4.5. I know that Arun
> has been working on a method for converting texi to html, but
> I have noidea what the status is, and if there can be expected
> something operational from that soon. This is one of the things
> that has top priority..

I need to look this up again, but I managed to create .chm files from
texi, so this should work... the problem is to update the texi file to
also include winboard... unless someone has a lot of time, perhaps it's
better to wait until we have the GTK version and then we only need one
rewrite of the docs...  I also want to look into creating other
documentation files, e.g. for gnome or for os X out of the texi file...

cheers
        ARUN