xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] new branch 4.6.x

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] new branch 4.6.x
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:34:58 +0200

I fixed the remaining major problem in the tourney manager, of the
hanging processes. Unlike what I thought first, this had nothing to do
with machine workload or terminating processes (although the latter
remains a problem area in WinBoard), but was an ordinary bug.
I also fixed the incompatibility of the -fSAN -sSAN options with
walking the PV, which I discoveredin Leiden.

I pushed thepatches to hgm.nubati, and also fast-forwarded hgmaster
along the experimental branches that originally were created to improve
the position search, but in the mean time had accumulated lots of other
stuff that was not easy to commute to the beginning of it. As I have been
using all that stuff now for some time already as my main version, it can
be safely added the development branch.

This would then be the version that should become 4.6.0, and has no
loose ends I am aware of..