xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] Cross compiling Winboard in Linux

From: Byrial Jensen
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Cross compiling Winboard in Linux
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 17:13:39 +0100

Den 05-01-2012 17:10, Byrial Jensen skrev:
Hi,

I have tried to see if I could cross copmile Winboard in Linux in order
to be able to see if any code changes I make will break Winboard.

It was relatively easy to do with a ready-made minGW cross compiler I
just had to install, and the cross compiled Winboard.exe runs fine with
Wine.

But I had to make a few changes in the sources:

1) I replaced the functions random() and srandom() with the standard C
functions rand() and srand() in backend.c and zippy.c.

Is there any particular reason to use the non-standard versions of these
function?

2) I replaced the include file <Windowsx.h> with <windowsx.h> in
winboard/wsettings.c and winboard/wchat.c.

I have no idea about what the include file does. I just found one with a
similar name to replace a non-existing file - and saw that it could
compile with no errors. Is it safe to replace Windowsx.h with windowsx.h?

3) I changed the reference to "res\\winboard.exe.manifest" in
winboard/winboard.rc to use "/" instead of "\"

Is there any any need to have that file in a subdirectory. It would be
easier for me if it could be referenced without the need of path separator.

4) I replaced windres with i586-mingw32msvc-windres in the makefile and
added --include-dir /usr/i586-mingw32msvc/include to its call arguments.

5) I removed $(PROJ).exe's dependency of $(PROJ).hlp in the makefile, as
I cannot build the help file (I found nothing to replace "C:/Program
Files/Help Workshop/hcrtf"). That dependency seems unnecessary to me
anyway.

I forgot the last change:

6) I replaced "%lld" with the s64Display macro in a printf format string in backend.c to kill a warning about format error.