xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] Cross compiling Winboard in Linux

From: Byrial Jensen
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Cross compiling Winboard in Linux
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 02:21:15 +0100

Den 06-01-2012 20:57, Arun Persaud skrev:
Hi

Things which prevent to build branch gtk-xt build for target WIN32 when
cross compiling on Linux using minGW:

can these be fixed by using gnulib? I just had a quick look and there is
a flock for windows as far as I can tell, but I never used gnulib
before... anyone has used gnulib before?

Some of the missing functions can be fixed by gnulib, but not all as gnulib's support for mingw is limited.

The missing functions only affects very little of the code, and is highly operation system dependent. It might be easier just to replace these things with equivalent Windows code placed in "#ifdef WIN32" sections. That is, if you know how to code for Windows - I don't. Wouldn't it be possible to reuse Winboard code for this?