xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] Everything ready for 4.6.0 (?)

From: Byrial Jensen
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] Everything ready for 4.6.0 (?)
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 02:01:36 +0100

Den 22-02-2012 21:18, h.g. muller skrev:
I wonder if we still got feedback I should attend to before we can do
4.6.0.
After some feedback on WinBoard I fixed the splittingof the debug file when
used in cobination with a loadGameFile, and in the process encountered
some verbose debug output in that code, which I removed too.

I also discovered that sweep selection did not work with the middle button
(and I don't even have one!) Now I think we nver promised that it would,
but
the old piece menu did use button 2 for white, so it seemed better to
restore
the equivalence of button 2 and 3, which I did. I also fixed two other
minor
inconveniences in EditPosition mode (the dropped piece remaining selected,
so it would immediately move away on the next click, and the grab being
limited to the board area).

I pushed two new features now, (new command-line options), that seemed
quite safe: they are very simple, can be guaranteed to not do anything when
switched off (which is the default), and are used in rare situations
anyway.

Everything is in master; I did not touch 4.6.x.

I wonder if it would break anything to translate "Hidden Tags" in Gamelist options (gamelist.c:624). As far as I can see it will not, so I think it should be done.

There was also some talk about the German translation containing errors, which could be fixed.

I have done what I wanted for version 4.6.0 so from my point of view it is ready to be released.

- Byrial