xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] forgot to mention

From: h.g. muller
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] forgot to mention
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:19:58 +0100

OK, I pushed the commit adding the 4 new web-items to Savannah master.
As far as I am concerned, they can go into 4.6.0. (But if we do that, Byrial
might want to make sure there is a translation for them? Or perhaps not,
since they will all lead to English info anyway....)

I configured -stickyWindows as switched off now. The fact that it seems
to work on OS X is important enough to leave it in as a menu dialog item.
I added a warning to its description in the 4.6.0 news page of the www branch
that it might not work for everyone.

As to the web pages:

The "Development News" URL directs to a page "whats_new/portal.html".
The idea is that this would rediret to whatever page we think is appropriate
at the time. (Currently whats_new/4.6.0/index.html.)

I also did a bit of work on the home page (index.html in the xboard directory).
Please see if you think it is an improvement.

H.G.