xboard-devel

[XBoard-devel] XBoard development version

From: John Summerfield
Subject: [XBoard-devel] XBoard development version
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 22:53:58 +0800

I don't mind running the devel version, but you need to make it dead easy.

I tried the prebuilt rpm from the opensuse build farm on CentOS 6, but it crashed.

I thought I'd rather use the git code and build that, it's the sort of thing I have done many times over some decades. However, the instructions fall just a little short:

How to build the development version
git version

After cloning the git-repository or downloading and unpacking a snapshot tar ball, run ./autogen.sh, ./configure and then make and make install.

That's all well and good, but precisely what git command should I use?
git clone <mumble mumble> I suppose....

Please, fix the instructions and then let me know to try again.