xboard-devel

Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 what's new

From: Joshua Pettus
Subject: Re: [XBoard-devel] 4.9.0 what's new
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 01:07:19 -0400

I take it you use XBoard in English :)
Indeed I do. I guess the Xaw build did translate all this.

All but your message about right-click help are translated.

Speaking of which, there are a few new font functions that break building-xaw

ApplyFont and FontsOK in dialogs.c

Also I still have to build xaw version with --without-gtk instead of --with-xaw
Wasn’t this suppose to be fixed?

That sounds good to me! Btw I did find this refrence if you need it for the various keywords to control fonts.  There arn’t a lot and many of them such as stretch styles probably aren’t needed

Well, I don't use all that stuff, just pango_font_description_from_string, to which the XBoard font arguments are fed (possibly after expanding %d in them dependent on square size).

I pushed a patch with a tentative Font dialog now, to hgm.nubati. Clock and coord font don't seem to work properly yet; the coord font might not work at all (also not from command line) since Cairo. Clocks adapt on New Game (but this spoils the window sizing). The others adapt instantly. I did not manage to set the font in 1-line text entries yet, so the font dialog itself does not show samples of what you selected.

That’s great!  Couple of things... Which one controls the ICS console window?  Also wouldn’t we want the Coordinates to be board scalable? I feel that may be one area where it would make sense (if it were to work that is).  Should that be a checkbox?  Also it doesn’t seem to save the new settings to the settings file, at least for me.

Regards,
Josh