Re: [XForms] Screen refresh in HP-UX - ITANIUM

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Screen refresh in HP-UX - ITANIUM
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 15:41:37 +0200

Hi Donato,

On Fri, Apr 08, 2011 at 01:14:20PM +0000, Donato Lorenzo López wrote:
>  I am migrating a big app that uses XForms.
>
>             Origin Machine: HP-UX B.11.23 (PA-RISC). Working under X11R5.
> Compiling in 32-bit mode.
>             New Machine: HP-UX B.11.31 (ITANIUM). Working under X11R6.
> Compiling in 32-bit mode.
>
>  By the moment, i found only one small problem. Some elements (like lists)
> blink where inputting data into them. In the origin machine, it didn't
> happen, the screen refresh was very smooth.

Sorry, could you tell with a bit more of detail what those ele-
ments are that cause you trouble? There's no widget that I would
call list (is it a browser) and it, of course, also would be
interesting to know which other object types are showing this
behaviour. Also, when you say "blink" are you talking about
some short-timed flickering or some long delays (I guess what
you see is some delays in the redraw of an object).

>  I think is not XForms problem, but machine's. Although, can you tell me
> where i can start looking for the problem?

I am not sure yet if I understand what the problem is, so I would
prefer not to start making suggestions;-)

>  I didn't work with XForms, i only had to install and compile it... :(

Can you tell which version of XForms you are using? If you keel
the 'Alt' key pressed down and then click with the middle mouse
button into one of the programs windows a box should pop up
with information about the version of the library. I'm asking
since I guess that on the original machine a rather ancient
version hae been used and in the mean time a number of changes
have been done that might be responsible for the "blinking".

                              Best regards, Jens