Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre4

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] New pre-release xforms-1.0.94pre4
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 02:23:58 +0200

Hi Lukenshiro,

On Tue, Aug 09, 2011 at 03:47:16PM +0200, LukenShiro wrote:
> Il giorno Sat, 21 May 2011 18:45:53 +0200
> Jens Thoms Toerring <address@hidden> ha scritto:
> > I'm considering making this a new "real" release (given
> > that not any more bugs are detected). According to some
> > proposals I would make this the (drum roll;-) 1.2.0 re-
> > lease (skipping 1.1) and use 1.3 for future development
> > releases. 1.2.x would then only be bug fixes, new fea-
> > tures would go into the 1.3.x branch until we're ready
> > for a new major release that then would be 1.4.0. Any
> > thoughts on this?
>
> I agree about the proposed roadmap :)

Thanks for our encouragment (if you are prepared to call
that a "roadmap";-) Since I haven't heard a lot from you:
how are things going? Did you despair on your idea of a
Python port of XForms or are you still working on it?
My daily work at the moment uses up nearly all of my time
(not that I don't like what I do, it just keeps me from
spending much time and thoughts on other things), so my
efforts in improving XForms have been slowed down quite
a bit. But then I hope the worst bugs have been fixed
(but I unforunately may be proven to be rather wrong)
and we are at a position were we can consider not just
bug fixes but really new stuff which might make XForms
more interesting.
                        Best regards, Jens