[XForms] I/O callback vs. Idle callback

From: Michal Szymanski
Subject: [XForms] I/O callback vs. Idle callback
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 08:08:02 +0200

Hello,

Trying to debug some sporadic mis-behavior of my telescope control
system (written with XForms, of course :) I have got to a following
question:

The app does pretty many things in an idle callback, refreshing data
displayed in various text boxes and windows, executing observing scripts
etc. It also reads data from two sockets, using I/O callbacks. The
"idle" maintenance includes also servicing data got from the sockets.
Does XForms library ensure that IO and idle callbacks cannot interfere?
(e.g. IO callback being invoked while the idle callback is
running). I guess/hope it does but just wanted to make sure.

regards, Michal.

--
  Michal Szymanski (msz at astrouw dot edu dot pl)
  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND