Re: [XForms] Testing.

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] Testing.
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 21:21:41 +0100

Hi Serge,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 02:50:48PM -0400, Serge Bromow wrote:
> I have tested the new release against OpenSuse 13.1 both Gnome 3 and
> KDE 4 desktops and of course our 11.4 gnome 2 production system. All
> seems fine to me with 1 exception.

Fine (with one exception ;-)

> Fdesign no longer allows me to place an input label inside the input
> object. Also during the conversion from old to latest version of
> fdesign spec. the input label is set to the outside centre.
>
> While this makes sense that you would not want to have the label
> overlap the content of the input object in our  case it does not.
> Input in some case is done through touch buttons that alter the
> label and it is preferable to have the label inside the object to
> simulate keyboard input.

Well, to me it seemed to make sense to enforce an outside label
for input objects. Never imagined that someone would like to put
it into the field, but that just shows that my powers of imagi-
nation aren't too well developed;-)

> Seems like a rule was applied where none was required. Flexibility
> allows for greater creativity you know. lol..

I'll throw it out if you don't like it, it's just 4 lines of code
(just delete the lines in input.c following the line with 'case
FL_ATTRIB :' at around line 1453). What I haven't found yet is why
fdesign still insists on keeping it on the outside. but that will
be found soon;-)
                          Best regards, Jens