Re: [XForms] How can I assign a pixmap icon to a form?

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] How can I assign a pixmap icon to a form?
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 18:52:36 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 07:18:03AM -0600, Mr. Christian Strubel wrote:
> I have been reading the documentation and trying the examples.
> However, I am having trouble assigning a X Pixmap icon to a form.
>
> Could someone please provide a hyperlink that covers how to do this
> or a code snippet with an example?

Serge already wrote how to add a pixmap object to a form.
In case your question was more about how to assign a pixmap
to a form to be used when the form's window is iconified
here's a short example program:

-------8<-----------------------------------
#include <forms.h>

int
main( int    argc,
      char * argv[ ] )
{
    fl_initialize( &argc, argv, 0, 0, 0 );

    // Create a form

    FL_FORM * form = fl_bgn_form( FL_NO_BOX, 320, 250 );
    fl_add_box( FL_FLAT_BOX, 0, 0, 320, 250, "" );
    fl_end_form( );

    // Load pixmap from file and set it as the icon for the form

    Pixmap mask;
    Pixmap pm = fl_read_pixmapfile( fl_root, "xterm.xpm", &w, &h,
                                    NULL, NULL, NULL, 0 );

    fl_set_form_icon( form, pm, None );

    // Show the form and run event loop

    fl_show_form( form, FL_PLACE_CENTERFREE, FL_FULLBORDER, "Test" );

    fl_do_forms( );
    fl_finish( );
    return 0;
}
-------8<-----------------------------------

Note that it seems to be necessary to use 'fl_root' as the window
argument when loading the pixmap from a file if that pixmap is to
be used for the iconified window.

Of course, it also shoule work with a pixmap embedded into the
source code - in that case you have to use the function
l_create_from_pixmapdata() instead of fl_read_pixmapfile() to
create the pixmap/

As always with settings for windows, all this requires the
cooperation of the window manager - with a window manager that
doesn't onour the hint fl_set_form_icon() has no effect...

                           Best regards, Jens