[XForms] How to use an idle_callback to run an animation? CODE APPENDED

From: Peter Rowat
Subject: [XForms] How to use an idle_callback to run an animation? CODE APPENDED
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:35:43 -0800

Dear Jens,

   I have tried to follow the instructions for using an idle_callback but so
far have been unable to make the program work.

The callback is registered in my “create_form_canvasform”, and the callback is
declared, as per p.47 in the Library manual.
As I understand it, the callback should be getting called continually when
otherwise there’s nothing happening. But it is never called. My test
idle_callback merely prints a number, no graphics at all.

I can’t see anything I’m doing wrong.

My program is derived from the demo “canvas.c”, and I’ll append a file with the
relevant parts of the program.
The main addition to “canvas.c” was to draw the path of the mouse in the
canvas.

I apologize for asking this sort of question so close to Christmas, but it’s
been a major aim for me to have this (and much more) running by now.  Any
suggestions greatly appreciated.  I’ll proceed to look at the xforms
source-code.

Peter