Re: [XForms] clock object with selector for show_seconds

From: Jens Thoms Toerring
Subject: Re: [XForms] clock object with selector for show_seconds
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 22:57:23 +0200

Hi Brian,

    thank you for your patch! As you will find if you check
out the newest version in the git repository I've used most
of it but also applied a few additional changes to clock.c,
which required a few deviations from your patch. I also up-
dated the demo program a bit more to now show all available
versions of the clock (with and without am/pm and with and
without seconds). Documentation is updated.

If you find the time to test it and observe any issues
please let me know!

Can you - or someone else - please help me a bit with am/pm
usage? While I know what it means but it's not used where I
live, so I'm unsure what's the correct usage.

At the moment the digital clock shows e.g. 0:00 pm to 0:59 am
for the hour after midnight and 12:00 am to 12:59 pm for the
hour following noon. Is that correct? I've never really paid
attention to that, but I remember to have seen 12:00 am to
mean 0:00 (modnight) and 12:00 pm to stand for 12:00 (noon).
And what about the hour after midnight or noon? Do you use
12:30 am for 0:30 and 12:30 pm for 12:30? Or something else?
Or is that something that differs depending in which country
(or just state) you live in?

                          Best regards, Jens