[XForms] Is there interference between XForms running in different proce

From: Peter Rowat
Subject: [XForms] Is there interference between XForms running in different processes?
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 17:43:39 -0700

Should it be possible to have two or more processes, each running an XForms-based animation with a control panel ? Or would you expect some interference between different XForms invocations in different processes?

=====
A rough description of my actual problem is here:

There are several animation displays in different processes each running their own XForms gui. Each animation has a control panel to adjust its’ geometry, using the same XForms invocation.   In addition, there is a compute intense data source in another process that feeds the animations via sockets, with an XForms gui for overall speed control.

My problem is that sometimes the speed control becomes “dead” — unresponsive — and sometimes the animation controls become dead. I haven’t figured out why.

Could it be due to interference between XForms running in different processes?
I’m using setitimer as per the XForms manual pp. 300-301 to set the speed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Peter