xlog-discussion

Re: [Xlog-discussion] KPSK to Xlog Interface

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Xlog-discussion] KPSK to Xlog Interface
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 20:54:55 +0100

On 07 Feb 2004 10:55:49 -0500
David Kjellquist <address@hidden> wrote:

> Joop;
>       I have good news for you. I have coded the remote logging
> interface to xlog and have it working. I will be testing it over the
> next week or so then releasing it into the kpsk cvs.

Wow, that's great David!

> But I do have a couple of issues....
>
> 1. I think there maybe a bug in the xlog adif code for the POWER
> field. I have an adif file of my logbook from another program and the
> POWER field is not loaded.
>
> I have sent the file directly to you at your amsat address.

Thanks, I have received it and will have a look.

> 2. The current xlog vesion 0.9.1 requires  libexpat.so.1 but Redhat
> 9.0 and Fedora have libexpat.so.0.4.0. Thus, the RPM fails on
> dependancies. I do a --nodeps everything seems to work with so.0.4
> Please upgrade the RPM for so.1 or greater    The problem with using
> --nodeps is that when I use apt-get for configuration upgrades it
> considers xlog broken and wants to uninstall it!!

Okay, next time I should ask someone else to compile a rpm for me I
guess. The debian libexpat library is different (maybe suse and mandrake
will have similar problems).

I am currently going through a heavy rewrite of xlog, so it might take
a while before I can actually fix your bug. However, will put it in my
TODO list for version 0.9.2.

Thanks,
Joop PG4I