xlog-discussion

Re: unsure,Re: [Xlog-discussion] KPSK with Xlog remote logging

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: unsure,Re: [Xlog-discussion] KPSK with Xlog remote logging
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:46:47 +0100

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 17:16:02 -0500
David Kjellquist <address@hidden> wrote:

> Joop;
>       I think I found the solution to the vtable error. I'm sorry I
>       didn't
> think of this but my system does this automatically (RH and KDE) but
> here is the answer I found post in a group
>
> To avoid getting these problems of undefined reference to vtable, it's
> needed to pre-compile every class file containing the declaration
> "QObject" with the MOC. You can find it in the QT3 library.
> So you just have to execute the following command line :
> -moc myclass.h -o moc_myclass.cc
> and then to compile this moc file and to link it with the rest of your
> project.
>
> I hope this does it.

Oh nooo! I have to do this for every file? That's terrible. There must
be some automated way to do this... The makefile seems most suited :-)

"man moc" says:
moc is almost always invoked by make(1), not by hand.

There is also a small example further down:

Here is a useful makefile rule if you only use GNU make:

           m%.cpp: %.h
                   moc $< -o $@

There is not a single call to moc in any of the makefiles, so maybe it
should be added?

Regards,
Joop