xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] server_time value

From: Janice Waddick
Subject: [Xnee-devel] server_time value
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 10:11:22 -0500

Has anyone found weird values for the server_time values from the XRecordIntercept structure with regards to requests,replies or errors ?  I'm wondering if this is an RECORD extension bug ?  or something with xnee ? or if it is a valid field for messages other than events ?  Has anyone else encountered this ?

I find that the server_time value for events are ok but for requests it looks like garbage.   For the events the server_time increases as the recording goes along ( and doesn't decrease ) - so I'm assuming it is valid, but for the requests it isn't even close to the same value as the events and jumps all over the place.   The same thing occurs with the various X servers I have tested with ( Exceed, NCD, IBM etc).   I thought I would check the RECORD spec. to see if it is a valid field for request but I'm still not sure what this means as far as requests goes:

"The server_time member is set to the time of the server when the protocol was recorded. It is the time that was attached to this protocol element in the reply, if so specified by datum_flags, or else the time from the header of the reply that contained this protocol element."

I have my datum flags set to:
xd->record_setup->data_flags = XRecordFromServerTime    | XRecordFromClientTime    | XRecordFromClientSequence;

The server time values recorded (bold):

0,6,318,194,0,0,0,445905,18
0,6,318,195,0,0,0,445921,18
0,6,317,196,0,0,0,445937,18
0,6,316,198,0,0,0,445954,18
0,6,315,200,0,0,0,445971,18
0,6,315,201,0,0,0,445987,18
0,6,315,202,0,0,0,446004,18
0,4,0,0,1,0,0,446395,18
0,5,0,0,1,0,0,446526,18
0,6,315,201,0,0,0,446918,18
0,6,315,200,0,0,0,446967,18
0,6,315,199,0,0,0,447065,18
0,6,315,198,0,0,0,447082,18
0,6,315,197,0,0,0,447164,18
0,4,0,0,1,0,0,447262,18
0,5,0,0,1,0,0,447425,18
0,2,0,0,0,13,0,448959,0
0,3,0,0,0,13,0,449027,1185
0,2,0,0,0,18,0,449339,14420
0,3,0,0,0,18,0,449412,1188
0,2,0,0,0,10,0,453539,14900
0,3,0,0,0,10,0,453607,1200
0,2,0,0,0,35,0,455169,30689
0,3,0,0,0,35,0,455269,1206
1,72,3959555840,704643072
1,72,335742720,1040187392
1,72,620955392,1224736768
1,95,3842246400,1778384896
1,72,2230016,-1795162112
1,72,136447744,-1308622848
1,42,924976896,-268304384
1,40,1965164288,-855638016
2,1,1965164288,52480,1

Thanks - Any help appreciated.

Janice Waddick                                                Voice:(416)622-5550 Ext. 209
Sr. Consultant,                                                 Fax: (416)622-8884
RAD International Ltd.                                      http://www.radintl.com

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note this email and any response to it, may be shared, for business purposes, with other employees, subcontractors, agents or representatives of RAD International Ltd. (herein known as "the company"). Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.