xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] Bug in libxnee/src/xnee.c

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] Bug in libxnee/src/xnee.c
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:37:47 +0100

Hi

> I just found it very counter intuitive that the user would have to
> specify "--seconds-to-record -1 --events-to-record -1 --data-to-record
> -1" to keep on recording till cnee is killed/sent a control keystroke.
> In theory, just "--seconds-to-record -1" should be enough... right?

The user should not have to set all to "-1". I tend to use Project files
(where you can specify your options) so I haven't thought so much about
these options lately.

Default should (soon) be "-1" on all these options. I will bring this in
to the 2.0 release.

But Xnee will be interrupted when any of the expressions is false (that
is the expression ANDed together).

Example 1:
-------------------
When only using this option:
         --events-to-record 100
Xnee will exit when 100 events are recorded or *.

Example2:
When using none of the options above Xnee will not exit until*

*) when a bound key+modifier is pressed or when a signal is sent to
Xnee.... or perhaps if Xnee goes down with a SIGSEGV ;)

Thanks

--
Henrik Sandklef                             address@hidden
Xnee maintainer                            http://www.gnu.org/software/xnee