xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] Xnee and multi-screen

From: Ramsey, Michael J (N-Ramsey SW Eng Integ)
Subject: [Xnee-devel] Xnee and multi-screen
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 17:28:59 -0000

My system under test (SUT) uses Multi-Screen (Single X-Server) to control

two separate displays.  My system's environment variables are set as follows:

  DISPLAY = host:0.0

  DISPLAY_LEFT = host:0.0

  DISPLAY_RIGHT = host:0.1

Because we are using one X-server to manage two displays

without using Xinerama, the two displays are loosely related.  For example,

you can move the mouse between them, drag and drop between them, and

cut-and-paste between them.  Windows however are defined either on one

display or (xor) the other.  Windows can't be dragged across displays

nor can they span displays.

Given this, wouldn't the RECORD extension record events for both displays?

And if so, wouldn't XTEST replay those same events across both displays?

Or do both RECORD and XTEST operate at the DISPLAY level and not at the X-server level?

--Thanks,

--Mike