xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] What exactly is Xnee + Ubuntu specific questions

From: Kristjan Siimson
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] What exactly is Xnee + Ubuntu specific questions
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:29:50 -0700

2008/4/15, Henrik Sandklef <address@hidden>:

> Kristjan Siimson skrev:
 >

 >  > Please accept my apologies for my ignorant use of terminology.
 >

 > You're free to use whatever terminology you want. I prefer to use
 >  GNU/Linux when talking about the operating system sometimes referred to
 >  as Linux. I like to call it GNU/Linux since that is a way to make people
 >  recognise the GNU project and its values.
 >

 >  >> Another note:
 >  >>
 >  >>   I think you should differ between tools that can
 >  >>     record and replay sessions
 >  >>   and tools that 'only' can
 >  >>     fake through scripted input
 >  >>
 >  >>   Please, don't take the word 'only' the wrong way
 >  >>
 >  >>
 >  >>> One of the tasks I would like to automate is picking up grass. That
 >  >>> involves moving the character forward, clicking on the harvest icon
 >  >>> (absolutely positioned), and then repeating. Since using macros while
 >  >>> being AFK is not allowed, I will monitor what is happening, and
 >  >>> therefore the whole operation would be repeatedly clicking on two spots.
 >  >> Need more information.
 >  >>
 >  >> I never play games so I have no idea what you mean. Perhaps some fine
 >  >> day I will start playing, so it's not a statement from my side.
 >  >>
 >  >
 >  > The task would be very simple. I uploaded a video about what I would
 >  > like to be automated at http://kaurism.com/atitd_grass_picking.ogg.
 >

 > What is the license of the game?

It's copyrighted by eGenesis. Although games are programs, I like to
 think of them as a form of entertainment, like movies. So, personally
 I don't pay much attention on their licenses. Is there a problem with
 that video?

 As for that task, I managed to compile Xnee 3.02 on Ubuntu and make a
 rather sloppy x64 package for it. I figured out how to make a simple
 auto-clicker with Gnee.

 Now I am wondering what more can be done using Xnee. Is it possible to
 script it - make macro wait for a keystroke, and repeatedly execute
 certain parts until another keystroke? Like that:

 * Macro is started.
 * User presses Ctrl + S.
 * Macro repeatedly makes a left click every 3 seconds.
 * User presses Ctrl + T.
 * Macro is stopped.

 >  BTW, looking at the website (kaurism.com) it looks as if you're from
 >  Estonia. Correct?

Correct, I have Estonian citizenship, however I temporarily moved to
 California about 3 years ago.