xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] Packaging xnee for debian

From: Jeremiah C. Foster
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] Packaging xnee for debian
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 17:36:45 +0200

> Previous problems
> ==========================
>
> 1. pictures generated from dia in Makefile
>
>    Now all pics are included prebuilt in dist file
>
> 2. man page generated from cnee in Makefile
>
>    Now all manual pages are included prebuilt in dist file
>
> 3. lots of gtk deps in
>
>    Split xnee into different packages
>

> Packages
> ===========================
>
> I think it would be to start off with one package;
>
>   cnee - containing command line verison + manual

This requires parts of Xnee, no?

> and then another package;
>
>   xnee - cnee, gnee, pnee + all docs
>
> and later on the devel package:
>
>   xnee-dev

I too think this is the right way to go. But as I mentioned in a
separate email, which I should have sent to this list, I think that
getting any package to build is a good start.

How familiar are you with building debs JD? Have you ever used
pbuilder? (I just started to use pbuilder myself and find it very
useful.) Your goals are to build a deb for local use, but if it
builds and works, I think it should be submitted to debian so
everyone can use it - this would be ideal I think and in keeping with
Henrik's and my philosophies about Free Software.

As I said before, just fire off a mail if you want help or testing or
what have you.

Best regards,

     Jeremiah