xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] Does xnee program to run on other machines?

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] Does xnee program to run on other machines?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 10:21:37 +0200

this is answered in prev. email sent the same day.

/hesa

naveenkumarts wrote:
Hello,
All I want to do is just this. On one linux machine-A, I use a NX session
display and record the Putty client activities using cnee. The putty
activities include opening a new telnet/ssh sessions to other machine.
During opening of the session, I need to handle cases like new window pop
ups, selecting correct options (yes/ no tabs) in the pop up windows. And
when the telnet/ssh session to hostX is successfully opened, I need to
successfully type some commands and logout of the putty client. Well I have
used cnee to record these activities (say xnee_putty.xnl) and I am able to
replay the same on this NX session of linux machine-A.

Both linuxA and linuxB can reach hostX.

Now my question is, I want to run this recorded program on different remote
linux machine-B every half an hour or so. Machine-B has just xnee, putty
software installed and xnee_putty.xnl is copied. And I want to launch the
cnee replay of  xnee_putty.xnl as a background process in machine-B. Here I
don’t open any NX display to run this program.

Is this possible to successfully run this on B without opening any NX
session or desktop display?

Thanks,
Naveen