xnee-devel

[Xnee-devel] Re: [Info-xnee] Synchronization with xnee

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: [Xnee-devel] Re: [Info-xnee] Synchronization with xnee
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 10:46:06 +0200

This discussion is now moved to the devel list.

vvenkates wrote:
Hi
Please find the recording for <nabble_a href= firefox.xns ">firefox attached.
Thanks
Vish

Henrik Sandklef-2 wrote:
 > Send us the recorded file, and we'll have a look.

/hesa

vvenkates wrote:
Version information:

xnee 3.02.96
Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 Henrik
Sandklef xnee and all its included programs come with NO WARRANTY,
to the extent permitted by law.
This is free software, and you may redistribute
copies of it under terms of GNU General Public License.

Replay:
cnee -rep --synchronised-replay -f test.xns
I did this for firefox.

Thanks
Vish

Henrik Sandklef-2 wrote:
Send us the recorded file, and we'll have a look.

How do you replay?

... also copy/paste the printout from:

    cnee --version

What app are you using while recording, i e what app are you recording?

/hesa

vvenkates wrote:
So I tried different combinations with the latest version, This is the
command line argument
cnee -rec --keyboard --mouse -devra 07-12,15-19,22 -smp -tot 10000 -o
test.xns

I don't understand why this doesn't work.  I have only included sych
events
that are required by the app.
Please tell me if I am doing something terribly wrong here.

Thanks
Vish

Henrik Sandklef-2 wrote:
vvenkates wrote:
I installed the new version and tried. Say for example, firefox it
works
for
very small inputs like open a website and close it. But it is not
consistent, I tried this cnee -rec --mouse -keyboard -devra 07-12,15-19,22 --first-last -smp -sk
-o firefox.xnl -time 10 -tot 10000
Ahhhh, you're skipping tons of mouse events with the "--first-last" option. The mouse motions may have generated some sync data when recording (through delivered events) and these may not be generated when replaying.

cnee -rep -rwp -f firefox.xnl

I tried increasing the total threshold, but it still wasn't really
effective. Please let me know whether I am doing the right thing
here.?

Henrik Sandklef-2 wrote:
First of all, what version of Xnee are you using?

We just fixed a serious sync problem. Could you try the release as linked on the page:
http://www.sandklef.com/hesa/index.php/2009/04/19/gnu-xnee-sync-error-fixed-30296-is-out/

Vishwanath Venkatesan wrote:
Hi,

I a new to using xnee. I wanted to record session of firefox and
then
replay
it synchronously.
I followed the instructions as in the manual
I looked at all the events generated by firefox using human
printout
and
then recorded those events.
The events turned out to be, 02-12,15-19,22.
1-6 are device events (i.e mouse keyboard) and are not used for
sync.

But when I try to replay it halts with a  synchronization failure.
 I was also looking around for the galeon plugin. But couldn't find
any
Hrmf, my fault :(

The reason why I am trying to synchronize is that, I want to record
the
usage of such applications in one system and replay it in a much
slower
system(30X slower). And I want the replay session to work the same
way.
Is
it possible with xnee?
Hopefully it is ;)

You may additionally want to reduce the speed of the replaying.

    --speed-percent

 If so can you help me with this?
Try the latest release first.

Thanks