xnee-devel

Re: [Xnee-devel] Re: cnee loves Xephyr ?

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Xnee-devel] Re: cnee loves Xephyr ?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:55:44 +0100

Thanks a lot :)

The dirs on the Xnee build site is almost empty since a major
reconstruction (including "Xnee live"[2])is going on. But some last
night things are found on the page .....

Here's the place for nightly dists:
   http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/xnee/nightly-dists/

I just checked this one:

http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/xnee/nightly-dists/xnee-cvs-20110221.tar.gz

..... and it seems to be working fine[3].

Regards, henrik

NOTE: When recording multiple devices on one display and replay to
another display while using XI (and not core devices) Xnee  has no good
way of finding which recorded device id belongs to which replayed device
id. Basically Xnee uses the same id as "xinput --list" spits out when
recording and tries to find it when replaying. Perhaps Xnee will use the
strings AND id in the future... let's see about that... at least you
know now.

[1] http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/xnee/
[2] http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/xnee-live/
[3] Here's how I tested the version above

Record local display
---------------------
 ./cnee/src/cnee --record --mouse --keyboard -o testme.xns -sk q

  # stop recording by pressing q

Replay to local display
---------------------
  ./cnee/src/cnee --replay -f testme.xns

Replay to local display (and forcing core device event)
---------------------
 ./cnee/src/cnee --replay -f testme.xns  -fcr

Record Xephyr display (:3)
  ./cnee/src/cnee --record --mouse --keyboard -o testme.xns -sk q
--display :3 --time 3

Replay to Xephyr display (:3)
 ./cnee/src/cnee --replay -f testme.xns  --display :3 --time 3

Replay to Xephyr display (:3) (and forcing core device event)
./cnee/src/cnee --replay -f testme.xns  --display :3 --time 3 -fcr