Re: [O] Demoting in plain list displays asterisk as space

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: Re: [O] Demoting in plain list displays asterisk as space
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:58:06 +0200

Am 26.06.2018 um 15:45 schrieb Rainer Stengele:
Am 25.06.2018 um 13:58 schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
Hello,

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

Having this item list:

- 1
- 2

with cursor in the "-2" row demoteing the item with org-shiftmetaright results
in

- 1
     2

where the expected "  * 2" is displayed as "    2".
describe-char with cursor at the expected asterisk position reveals
that "*" is displayed as space:

I cannot reproduce it. Please check your configuration.

Regards,

Thanks, Nicolas, for doing a test.

I know already that it works with a minimal config.
My problem really is I have no clue where to start searching and would have hoped for an experienced user to give me a hint which (probably) org variable could let that asterisk disappear.
I find it quite difficult to find out the one culprit leading to such an effect.
I know about bisecting the .emacs init file but what about the configuartion
variables?
Ho would you "bisect" that one?

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer

Hi again,

I just included the (custom-set-variables ..) and ((custom-set-faces ..)
forms from my custom.el file into my mini-init.el and did not find the reason
there so will need to bisect my init files.

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer