ac-archive-maintainers

release?

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: release?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 01:13:38 +0200

There's been some silence lately about the ac-archive,
I did not have much time either but atleast I was
converting or updating a few macros of mine that I would
like to have published and give proper promotion. And
the acinclude tool (and my autotools script) has a few
new features that would be nice to show around.

Now, I do want to do a release only if the gnu ac-archive
is ready and synced up completely. That spawns a couple
of questions consequently:

- what's the status of the webmake system? The front
  page shows the master plan, and I didn't think that
  would be the final version.
- what about the infrastructure to remake the gnu
  web pages, do we want to go with asking on the
  mailinglist for an update?
- I have those new macros at hand, shall I add them
  directly to the gnu ac-archive? Is it okay for me
  to pick a category and `cvs add` the file?
- how to mark a macro "obsolete"? I do not want to
  phase out the old version of the macros that I've
  rewritten, ye know.
- what's the policy of any changes in the macro
  repositry, where to store "new stuff" (or mark them)
  and just mail the mailinglist?
- Lately, I've used the "shorthand syntax" in the
  m4 style submission format, just the way described
  earlier (with "@*" and "@=" and such stuff). Do I need
  to rework that? It would be very nice to have the
  gnu ac-archive doc system to recognize those as well.
- about the xml format, is the dtd finalized? That would
  make me trigger to start to understand that input
  format as well.

cheers, guido