ada-mode-users

Re: [Ada-mode-users] [patch] ada-goto-declaration when point is on an op

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: Re: [Ada-mode-users] [patch] ada-goto-declaration when point is on an operator
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 11:49:32 +0200

Stephen Leake wrote:
Thanks for the bug report; I'm working on it.

With GNAT GPL 2016, I get:

gnat find -Pada_mode_parent.gpr -a "+":ada_mode-slices.adb:39:21
gnat: 'gnat find -P' is no longer supported

So you'll have to switch to gpr-query at some point.

What version of GNAT are you using, and what GPL version should I test
with?

We still don't use project files; instead we use old-style ada-mode
project files that I generate on the fly in ada-mode-hook.  Our
complete invocation of gnat find, as found in the hidden buffer
" *gnat-run-/tmp/default_11220l6u.adb*", is:

gnat find -a -aO/auto/home/lbr/ "+":lgtk-sorted_tree.adb:3775:27
gtk-tree_store.ads:752:14:    (spec) "+"

You could actually send me a copy of the GNAT you are using, but
let's not do that unless absolutely necessary.

We use a GNAT Pro wavefront from a couple of months ago.

We need to handle the 1+ kludge in the backend, or introduce the
same problem in gpr_query.exe.

I noticed that this kludge is in fact made necessary by
ada-gnat-xref-other:

  (when (eq ?\" (aref identifier 0))
;; gnat find wants the quotes on operators, but the column is after the first quote.
    (setq col (+ 1 col))
    )

which is correct when the starting point was the + in

   function "+" (Right : in T) return Q;

but not when the starting point was the + in

   X : constant Q := +G;

so passing the column number as you did was the correct fix.
Thanks for this, I'll report back after merging from monotone..

--
Ludovic Brenta.