ada-mode-users

[Ada-mode-users] wrong indentation of some complex expressions

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: [Ada-mode-users] wrong indentation of some complex expressions
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 17:42:01 +0200

Hello,

In the example below, the line "/= A" is incorrectly indented relative
to the beginning of the entire expression instead of the sub-
expression.  I think it should be indented by ada-indent relative to B,
which starts the sub-expression:

procedure Andthen is
  A : Boolean;
  B : Boolean;
begin
  if A
    and then B
    /= A
-- should be:
--             /= A -- indented by ada-indent relative to B
  then
    A := B;
  end if;
end;

(this is obviously a much-reduced test case from our code base, where the
sub-expressions are much longer than "A" and "B").

--
Ludovic Brenta.