ada-mode-users

[Ada-mode-users] indentation of consecutive comment lines

From: Ludovic Brenta
Subject: [Ada-mode-users] indentation of consecutive comment lines
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 17:55:37 +0200

Hello,

In the example below, ada-mode indents the second comment line
("Intention to create...") relative to the start of the comment on the
preceding line.

    procedure Explicit_Raise is
    begin
      Debug.Trace (Me, "EXPLICIT_RAISE");
      raise Constraint_Error;
    exception
      when Constraint_Error => --## rule line off Invisible_Exception
-- Intention to create core-dump on Constraint_Error, and continuation of the tests after-wards.
        null;
    end Explicit_Raise;

I understand that this is an explicit design decision that mimicks a
similar decision in lisp-mode.  In other words, it's not a bug, it's a
feature :)  The problem is that gnat disagrees:

param_test_p.adb:757:32: (style) bad column

Of course we could add a blank line before the "Intention to create..."
comment but the point that these gnat style warnings can be triggered
by mass-reindentation of entire source files.

Personally I'd be happy to add a blank line and not think about it for
another second.  But others in my team disagree.  Maybe someone has a
better idea?

--
Ludovic Brenta.