ada-mode-users

Re: Creating tarballs for ada-mode and wisi from the git repository?

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Creating tarballs for ada-mode and wisi from the git repository?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 15:56:56 -0800

Ludovic Brenta <address@hidden> writes:

> With a view to possibly create Debian packages for wisi and
> ada-mode (don't hold your breath), I cloned the git repository
> into /var/lib/git/adamode and created workspaces for all the
> branches as per git_checkout.sh.
>
> I do have an ada-mode branch and workspace but no wisi branch
> or workspace, only org.wisitoken.

> In the wisi-3.0.1.tar on ELPA I see a mixture of files from
> org.wisitoken and org.emacs.ada-mode branches.

Right; the source for some of the wisi package is in the ada-mode git
branch (for historical reasons).

> I am wondering how I should try and create a
> wisi_3.0.1.orig.tar.gz and an ada-mode_7.0.1.orig.tar.gz,
> which are prerequisites for Debian packages, from the git
> repository.

Just checkout elpa (https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/elpa.git);
that has the source for the released packages.

What is the motivation to release the Emacs packages as Debian packages?

There used to be an opentoken Debian package, so a wisitoken package
would make sense. The Emacs wisi package contains a subset of the
wisitoken package.

--
-- Stephe