Re: [Adonthell-devel] Event system continued

From: ksterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-devel] Event system continued
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:40:16 +0200

Von: address@hidden

> Well, we did something for strings there, not for other things.
> But it shouldn't be that hard.

For now I have added the following to py_event.i:

  namespace event {
      %feature("shadow") factory::add {
          def add (self, ev):
              ev.thisown = 0
              _event.event_factory_add (self, ev)
      }
  }

That works very well. This will also be useful for the inventory code. I
remember from my test programs, that there are similar problems, for example
when creating an item on Python side and adding it to an inventory which will
then take care of its deletion.

Apropos items/inventory: I'll have to fix a little bug with event
characters, schedules, equipment and finally stats/attributes and all the
combat related things. That is quite a big area, but it will definitely be
interesting, as the porting work is quite small. Item/inventory code can be
used without much changes, and the rest will have to be implemented from
scratch - so this will be much more fun than events! :-)

And best of all, I even have some time to spare for all this.

Kai