[Adonthell-devel] Re: Remaining Map Issues

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-devel] Re: Remaining Map Issues
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 22:38:46 +0100

On Feb 14, 2008 11:15 PM, Kai Sterker <address@hidden> wrote:

> * Remains the rendering. It does not yet take shape-offsets into
> account, so the order defined by square_info::operator< isn't right.
> Chances are also that calculating the base tile is affected by this as
> well.

Did some debugging and can now confirm that the base-tile calculation
is definitely off. That's why the character's head is sticking through
the platform at times.

That's not all though. The assumption that the base tile would always
be in the lower right corner isn't valid. On second thought, it
appears that this is true for objects with height. For flat objects --
like ground tiles -- it should be in the upper left corner.

Today it's too late for testing that hypothesis, but I'll try to find
some time over the course of next week.

I really had hoped to get alpha 2 out by December last year, now it's
not long before March. Hopefully this is the last issue :-).

Kai