[Adonthell-general] some questions

From: Alexander Hupfer
Subject: [Adonthell-general] some questions
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 21:08:57 +0530

As I have much time here in india and because the weather is bad at
the moment I spent some time on figuring out the class design for the
python part.

But as I'm reading the documentation I didn't find a hint how you want
to handle for example the following situation:

An action attack event is triggered by the player. So depeding of the
characters weapon you might have an area in which enemies will be
affected by the attack. To calculate the damage on the enemies I have
to know which of them are within this area. This however will require
some vector mathematics similar to colission detection. So, would you
like to do this in python or is there (or will there be) an engine
based function to do this?

Another thing is, that I'm a little bit confused by the item system.
What is the advantage to integrate that functionality into the engine
and not using python? As it is not a time critical part I don't see
the reason to take away flexibility for the sake of performance.