Re: [Adonthell-general] Building adonthell on 64 bits Fedora

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Building adonthell on 64 bits Fedora
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 10:44:04 +0200

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Mathieu Bridon <address@hidden> wrote:

>  PS: Fedora 9 now uses GCC-4.3, and adonthell-0.3.4 gets a lot of
>  warnings building with it. However, it builds fine, and as Fedora 9 is
>  the only distribution to use it as a default (I think), it should not
>  be a problem...

I tested a little bit with g++ 4.3 and it seems that there are a lot
of deprecation warnings regarding some C++ headers. However, when
replacing those with the supposedly new headers, I get:

#error This file requires compiler and library support for the
upcoming ISO C++ standard, C++0x. This support is currently
experimental, and must be enabled with the -std=c++0x or -std=gnu++0x
compiler options.

That doesn't give me a lot of confidence either ;-). Guess for now it
might be better to use -Wno-deprecated to filter out the header
warnings. This still leaves enough warnings that I'll look into,
though.

Kai