Re: [Adonthell-general] Wastesedge 0.3.5 for OSX x86_64

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-general] Wastesedge 0.3.5 for OSX x86_64
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 20:33:33 +0100

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 5:21 PM, James Nash <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi James,

> I can confirm it works on 10.9 for me too! :-)

Great! Did the music work? Because that required a bit of fiddling with the package contents, as SDL is compiled to dynamically load the ogg/vorbis libraries. And on my box, I happen to have them installed at a location where dyld picks them up.

> I did have to fiddle with the security settings to let the app start though. Easily done when you know how, but it might be worth adding a note to the readme about that.

Yeah, I noticed that only after I had freshly downloaded the package from the website. Before I had salvaged it from my now defunct older MacBook (the backlight is dead, again!), and it ran without hassle.

But I could update the Readme and repackage the download over the coming days. Better yet would be having it signed, but I assume that requires a paid developer account and possibly a recompile too. Latter will definitely not work out of the box for the 0.3 source, and I wouldn't want to touch that any more.

And yes: Happy New Year everyone, too!

Kai