ambar-dev

[Mine-dev] doctor

From: Lily Simpson
Subject: [Mine-dev] doctor
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:24:45 +0300

He came in answer to a cable from Sir Frederic, Duff explained. I thought it would be best if the matter remained in its formeroblivion.
The butlers eyes were on Inspector Duff, and his face wassuddenly as white as his hair.
You must forgive me if I run along, he said. The results will be most important from a scientific point of view,Beetham continued.
Surely Captain Flannery has thought of it? You dont believe he had anything to do with killing Sir Frederic? Speaking of that, I havewanted a chat with you on the subject. I learned fromCaptain Flannery that no records of any case were found among SirFrederics effects?
We thought we should never cometo the end of our journey. On Tuesday afternoon Miss Morrow was the first to arrive at the bungalow. Your grandmothers name would be highly honored. Durand continuedto pace back and forth, silently, over the rug.
What an odd place for hydrocyanic acid, said Kirk.
Deeply pleased at the invitation, Chan beamed. He strolled away from the table, while Chan looked after himthoughtfully.
Somebodyshould go below and steer him into a different car.
Idhate to lose Paradise, but Id hate to lose myself even more.
In the past it has oftenhappened I was hoarsely barking up incorrect tree. On chance that it means much,let us say nothing to the Colonel just yet. And unless youprove more cruel than you look, Im not dining alone.
Well, he, at least, can help us, Miss Morrow suggested.
Until tonight I did not dream he wasmember of picnic party. Paradise served Miss Morrow, and then turned to Inspector Duff. He was surprisingly young, with rosy cheeks, and the look of a farmerabout him. There was a gay social life at the garrison, and Eve took an importantpart in it, as was natural.
Captain acts much like little child caught in cross-wovennet.
Imagination does not seem to thrive on mainland climate,he replied.
At any rate, Kirk continued, lifes going to be rather a sportingproposition from now on. You seem to be filled with vimand vigor, he said. Yet she was under watchful eye of clever mainland police.
By the way, there is one point on which I may be able to offersome help.
You act with beautiful speed, Chan approved.
Sergeant Chan, Duff said, you have not been idle.
Personal affairs call me home with a loud megaphone.
Unfortunately I am the only Scotland Yard man in the States at themoment.
But I felt we were on the wrong trail altogether.
It was a clumsy subterfuge, sir, and one I deeplyregret. Well, Ive always thought theres no time like thepresent.