ant-phone-devel

Re: [Ant-phone-devel] Pre-release 0.2.0 published

From: Ivan Schreter
Subject: Re: [Ant-phone-devel] Pre-release 0.2.0 published
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:57:18 +0100

Hi Johannes,

Johannes Rohr wrote:
Thank you so much, this is welcome news!

I just built and installed it on Debian and what surprises me is that the old OSS style configuration is still in the options window. I cannot seem to find a way to select an ALSA devices. I built with libasound2-dev installed.
Thanks,

Well, if you'd read my detailed notes for version 0.2.0 and/or TODO, you'd find this:

"You should name your ALSA devices in settings (instead of "/dev/dsp" you'd use something like "default"). If you don't do it, the program will use "default", if it cannot open specified device name."

Since "/dev/dsp" is no valid ALSA name, opening it will fail and the program will open "default" device (which is BTW also protocolled on stderr).

and in TODO:

"Audio device choosing is still done via textbox. With ALSA now, it should be
done via combobox, as device names can be queried."

So just type in ALSA device name there instead of /dev/dsp and it will work. It's not yet finished in UI (it's a pre-release). Unfortunately, I didn't spot the title "OSS" there. It should read "ALSA", obviously.

Hope this helps...

I just hope you could use the program without problems to initiate/receive/record/replay calls and that the quality was also as expected.

Regards,

Ivan