apps-gnustep

Re: ANN: CodeEditor 0.3.8

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: ANN: CodeEditor 0.3.8
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 22:29:47 +0200

Yen-Ju Chen wrote:
[snip]
> 2. Block marking and auto indentation: it seems that NSTextView update
>    slowly when document is large and attributes is changed from programming,
>    not from user interface. Have no idea how to improve that.

I haven't looked at your code, but if you're making many changes
programmatically in one go, you should enclose all changes in calls to
-beginEditing and -endEditing on the text storage. The text system will
then perform invalidation and rebuilding and such once for all changes,
instead of doing it for each individual change.

- Alexander Malmberg