artanis

Move from gitlab.com?

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: Move from gitlab.com?
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 17:23:10 +0600

I'm happy to see the following in the README.md:

According to [GNU Ethical Repository Criteria
Evaluations](https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html).
GNU Artanis as GNU official project is not proper to be maintained on
GitHub.

So I **will not** do maintenance work for GNU Artanis on github to show
my position on free software.

That means I **will not** response to issues or pull requests on GitHub.
Until GitHub show some respect to freedom of users on these issues:

* No other nonfree software is required to use the site (thus, no
Flash).

* Does not discriminate against classes of users, or against any
country.

But gitlab.com (only this instance) also has some similar issue, and
according to GNU Ethical Repository Criteria Evaluations, it gets grade
F, not suitable for GNU software.

There are many other forge instances, notably sr.ht and notabug.org,
which get B and C grade respectively.  There is also codeberg.org, an
instance of Gitea (working on federation), which gets C grade according
to https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Codeberg.

--
Akib Azmain Turja

Find me on Mastodon at @akib@hostux.social.

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5