arx-users

Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive

From: Walter Landry
Subject: Re: [Arx-users] Segfault accessing the publix ArX archive
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 20:50:12 -0500 (EST)

Walter Landry <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > It leaves 62 ,,* (non-empty) directories, but seems to complete.
> >
> > Great.  At least we now know where the problem is.  The only thing
> > that I can think of is that readdir is not reentrant, so it finished
> > the listing of the subdirectory before it is empty.  Someone just
> > posted a patch to the Boost web site adding that functionality in.  I
> > will update you when I have a patch.
>
> I have a better idea.  How about you change the destructor in
> src/arx/include/Temp_Directory.hpp to read
>
>   ~Temp_Directory()
>   {
>     gvfs::remove_all(path.native_file_string());
>   }
>
> and add in
>
>   #include "gvfs.hpp"
>
> near the top.  Does that solve the problem?

I managed to get more time on a Fink machine, and I got the same
error about removing non-empty directories.  Specifically, that error
shows up if I get arx.2.1,145 and "merge --in-place".

So I tried the patch above.  It completes the merge, but I now get an
error about bad checksums.  I will have to look into this more.  I am
wondering if this has anything to do with HFS being case-insensitive.

Walter